And People Wonder What's Wrong With the World Today
As you are aware, I work in a job where I encounter hundreds if not thousands of people on a daily basis. And believe me, I've seen all types. And the type that sticks out to me most are those families with 2-3 kids and the parents think that the world revolves around them. Last night was the worst I've seen though. 3 kids were sitting in my boarding area when it was time to close the flight. Mind you I made 3 final boarding calls when I'm required to make only 1. I finally asked them where their parents were. Daddy was sitting right across the way listening to my boarding announcements reading a book, even after I made the final. I close nearly 2 minutes late trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. They don't move so I close my door. Next thing I know, I hear fists banging on my door. Sorry buddy, not my fault that you did not heed my 3 final boarding calls and get on the flight when you were suppose to. Another gate agent called me and then my shift manager asking if the flight was closed. I proceeded to tell her the story of how they were just sitting there ignoring me. As I'm about to open the door to go back to the gate area, I hear very vivid yelling and the mother screaming to the shift manager that everyone was taking my side. Of course management will take my side, I didn't do anything wrong! Another agent proceeds to tell me that the father, after banging on the door and I didn't answer, started kicking the door...in front of all 3 of the kids. What kind of behavior do these parents think they are teaching their children? They are teaching them that they can scream and yell to people with less appealing jobs but who have more authority. They are teaching the kids that they can act how ever they want to when they don't get there way. I would like to think that there are people out there who still raise kids to respect in a position of authority and to not act like an idiot when they don't get their way. I know there are people still out there but I do not ever come in contact with those. Here's a lesson: the world does not operate on your time schedule especially in the airline industry. So when I make a final boarding call, I'm telling you that you better get yourself on the plane or get left behind. I'm not making a suggestion. If you chose not to get on the plane for whatever reason, do not scream at me or my co-workers for your negligence. I will not delay all the passengers who did listen to my boarding announcements.
0 Responses
  • About Me

    My photo
    My passion is in photographing people. I like to talk to my clients and have fun while shooting. I am a Denver-based photographer specializing in couples and engagements.